What better way to welcome spring and to celebrate the first anniversary of If I were a Deer, Dears ! than with a delicious chocolate cake — because indeed, the chocolate is so wonderful that it is relevant to any celebration.
Exactly one year ago, I was launching IIWADD ! on Etsy and Tumblr while being on the lookout for the solar eclipse through the clouds. Thousands stitches of embroidery later, I am still as enthusiastic as I was then and the list of ideas is getting longer every day — the one of the recipes too.
For this so good and so quick to make cake, you need :
- 2 small apples
- 1 banana
- 0,44lb of brown rice flour
- 0,22lb of cocoa
- 6 tbsp. of of olive oil
- 8 tbsp. of agave syrup
- a pinch of salt
- 0,02 US gal of water
- 1 dark chocolate bar
- Preheat the oven to 356°F.
- Wash and cut the apples, peel the banana. Place the fruits in a salad bowl and use a hand blender to make a purée of them.
- Add the flour, the cocoa, the salt, the olive oil and the agave syrup. Mix and pour the water. Mix again; adjust the quantity of water to obtain the good consistency : liquid but not too much. If the batter is not sweet enough for you, add a little more agave syrup and mix again.
- Crack the chocolate bar into bites, add them to the batter and mix.
- Cover a cake pan with baking paper, pour the batter and put in the oven for 45 minutes, at 356F°.
To verify the baking, insert a knife in the center of the cake; when the blade comes out all clean, it is baked.
Let it cool down and savor lukewarm.
This cake is perfect with kiwis and it is also ridiculously good dunked in almond milk.
⋅ Variant ⋅
I will try this very soon : let infuse a branch of rosemary in hot water for the night and replace the water of the recipe by the same quantity of infusion. This sounds pretty tasty to me.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE